Of all the things you’re worried could go wrong on your wedding day, the problems that do arise will likely be the ones you never thought of. Stay cool as a cucumber with these six tips for smoothly getting out of a wedding day jam.
1. Woke up with a big smile and an unwelcome blemish? Make the swelling go down stat by dipping a Q-tip in Listerine and holding it on the offending blemish for three minutes.
2. If wind’s a problem, have a seamstress attach teeny weights to the hems of the bridesmaids’ dresses to keep them from flying up. The bride can use pretty veil weights for the same purpose.
3. Panicking over static electricity on your gown right before you walk down the aisle? Grab a wire hanger and run it over any clingy spots.
4. Bust a move on the dance floor without busting anything else by scuffing the bottom of your shoes with sandpaper.
5. Flats may be the last thing you want to wear on your wedding day, but keep a fancy pair nearby just in case. By midway through the reception, your dancing feet will be calling for comfy shoes. If you’re the sporty type, order custom Converse sneakers!
6. Fighting a nervous stomach? Sip mint tea while you get primped. Mint will soothe your tummy while calming you down.
Post contributed by Lindsay Pietroluongo, a lifestyle & business writer in the Hudson Valley, New York. Visit her website at LindsayOnTheRocks.com or learn more about her business and marketing services at PoisonAppleInk.com.View / Edit Comments